A certified transcription, that is, a transcript with a certificate of authenticity attached, can be included with orders. Your transcriptionist will certify that the transcript is a true and accurate transcript (see below for an example and exact wording). We need to know at the time of ordering if you need this addon service. See here for an example: Certificate of Authenticity.
In addition to the certificate of authenticity, a transcription jurat, sometimes called an affidavit or verification on oath or affirmation, can also be gained from a Notary for your transcripts (see here for more info on the standard procedure in Canada).
– We will book an appointment with a Notary.
– The Notary will meet with the transcriptionist from your project.
– The Notary will verify the transcriptionists’ identity (as per passport, driver’s license etc.).
– The transcriptionist will take an oath or affirmation that the contents of the transcripts are true.
– The transcriptionist will sign in front of the Notary – the certificate of authentication.
– The notary will stamp and sign the certificate of authentication, identifying that they have witnessed the transcriptionist giving the oath/affirmation and that transcriptionist did indeed sign the certificate of authenticity (in the example below, the certificate includes an example of a standard notary stamp).
We need to know at the time of ordering if you need this addon service. See here for an example: Affidavit.